T2 Reality ...
How does God's economy function in practice? What is the reality of this kingdom economy?
So here are some starter rules of the road. What we know of God's kingdom economy is about ...
- Primarily the here and now - less so about the future heavenly realm
- Both personal accountability and social responsibility - let the gospel writers Matthew and Luke (and their successors) fight it out as to "who's on first"
- Jesus as a friend of the weathy and improvished alike - and the same should go for us as well
- Situational advocacy for Robin Hood economic justice (taking from the rich, giving to the poor) - even while you will always have the poor among you
- Expectation that everyone should work to eat - but be ready to give it all away when and to whom least deserving
- Didactic learning - so that just when you think you've got it all together, Jesus steps in to suggest that your priorities are still not all there
Jesus - the friend of sinners and counselor of the (self) righteous. Recipient of charity and advocate for work. So it is for all participants in God's kingdom economy.
For a more detailed discussion of Jesus and the economy of redistribution, click below to purchase.
If you have comments, click Contact Us.